Try embracing winter with a savory citrus dish: roasted cauliflower Meyer lemon salad with pomegranate seeds, smoked almonds and fresh herbs.
- 1 pound cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 Meyer lemon, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 handful cilantro or parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup smoked almonds, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the cauliflower on a sheet pan and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Roast for 15 minutes before adding the sliced lemon. Continue roasting for 10-15 minutes until the cauliflower is brown in spots. If the lemons are starting to brown too fast, make sure they are on top of the cauliflower and not directly on the pan.
- Transfer the roasted cauliflower and lemons to a large bowl. Toss with the herbs, pomegranate seeds and smoked almonds. Serve warm or at room temperature.