With zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, onions and garlic, roasted Mediterranean vegetables and halloumi make an easy vegetarian sheet pan meal.
- For vegetables and halloumi
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 yellow squash, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 small red onion, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 red pepper, diced 1/2-inch
- 1–1/2 cups halved lengthwise grape tomatoes
- 5 garlic cloves, skin-on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound halloumi cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- For herby sauce
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cooked grains for serving (i.e. barley, quinoa, farro, couscous)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a sheet pan, toss the zucchini, squash, red onions, red peppers, tomatoes and garlic with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Spread into a single layer. Roast for 25 minutes until the vegetables are starting to brown at the edges. Turn them over and scatter the halloumi on the pan. Continue cooking for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is lightly golden. Save the roasted garlic for the sauce.
- For the herby sauce, squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skins into a food processor. Add the parsley, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Puree the mixture, chopping the parsley leaves. With the motor running, drizzle the olive oil through the feeder tube until the mixture is fully combined.
- Spoon the sauce onto the vegetables and halloumi on the sheet pan. Gently toss around to coat everything.
- Serve with cooked grains.