The quick pickled raisins are the true star of this shaved cauliflower arugula salad. Because the cauliflower is raw, the salad is fresh and super crunchy with scallions and pistachios.
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed and broken into florets
- 2 ounces baby arugula
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped pistachios
- Place the raisins and vinegar in a small bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes. Spoon out the raisins and set aside.
- Whisk the olive oil, salt and pepper into the remaining vinegar.
- Use a mandolin to thinly slice the cauliflower florets and place in a large bowl. Toss in the arugula, scallions, pistachios and raisins.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad before serving.