A mixture of tahini, soy sauce, ginger and garlic dress up roasted broccoli and cauliflower for an easy side dish that’s finished with sesame seeds and scallions.
- 1–2 bunches broccoli (about 1 pound)
- 1 head cauliflower (about 1–1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Trim the broccoli and cut it into small to medium florets. Cut the leaves off the cauliflower and trim the rough end off the stem. Cut the cauliflower into 1/2-inch thick slices, breaking it into pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the tahini, soy sauce, vegetable oil, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Add the cauliflower and broccoli, stirring to coat in the mixture.
- Spread the cauliflower and broccoli across a sheet pan. Roast for 20-25 minutes, flipping over halfway through cooking, until browned and tender but still crisp.
- Toss the cauliflower and broccoli with scallions and sesame seeds before serving.
Keywords: roasted broccoli and cauliflower