A mix of dried spices and fresh herby chimichurri add lots of flavor and spice to this easy sheet pan sweet potato black bean tofu. You can serve it with cooked grains like barley, quinoa or rice.
- For sweet potatoes, tofu & black beans
- 1–14 ounce package extra firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1–2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- For chimichurri
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Barley, rice or quinoa for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Pat the tofu with a paper towel. Wrap with a dry paper towel and place a heavy pan or cutting board on top to remove more liquid. Let stand for 15 minutes. Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- In a small bowl combine the cumin, oregano, paprika, red pepper flakes, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- On a sheet pan, gently toss the tofu and sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil and the spice blend. Spread into a single layer.
- Roast for 15 minutes before flipping the tofu to the other side and tossing around the sweet potatoes.
- Continue roasting for 15 minutes before adding the black beans. Roast for an additional 5 minutes until the tofu is browned and the sweet potatoes are tender.
- While the sheet pan is in the oven, make the chimichurri. Mince the garlic and scallions in a food processor. Add the cilantro, red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Puree the mixture and while the motor is running, drizzle the olive oil through the feeder tube until fully combined.
- Toss the tofu, sweet potatoes and black beans in a few spoonfuls of chimichuuri. Serve with barley and the remaining chimichurri on the side.
Omg this was so very good.
This recipe is amazing. It is now in my regular rotation. Only change is that I add the tofu and the beans at the same time.