Ready in less than 20 minutes, this simple sauteed broccolini with garlic is topped with almonds that are toasted in a mix of dried spices.
- For almonds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted unsalted almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- For broccolini
- 2 bunches broccolini (about 1 pound), 1/2-inch trimmed off stems
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup water
- For serving
- Chopped parsley
- Lemon wedges
- For the almonds, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large sauté pan or large skillet over medium heat. Toast the nuts for 1-2 minute until they are lightly browned, stirring frequently. Stir in the cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Continue sauteing for 30 seconds until fragrant. Spoon out the nuts and place them on a plate. Wipe out the pan.
- For the broccolini, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in the pan. Saute the broccolini over medium-high heat until it turns bright green, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and salt and keep sautéing for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the water, cover the pan and let the broccolini steam for 1-2 minutes until tender. The broccolini should still have some bite.
- Arrange the broccolini on a serving plate. Top with the almonds and chopped parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container up to 2 days. Warm them in the microwave or on the stove with a little olive oil.
If you are looking for a shortcut or more simple flavors, you can skip the almonds and just saute the broccolini.
Keywords: sauteed broccolini
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review