These quick & easy sautéed brussels sprouts are glazed in a mix of honey, mustard and balsamic vinegar. They’re finished with Parmesan and chopped parsley.
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved lengthwise or cut in thirds, if large
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1–2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, mustard, balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When the oil is shimmering and hot, add the brussels sprouts, arranging them cut side down in a single layer. Let the brussels sprouts cook for 5-7 minutes, not moving them, until they are browned and charred in spots. Then flip them over and stir them around. Continue cooking for 5-7 minutes until they are browned and tender.
- In the last 30 seconds to 1 minute of sautéing, stir in the garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Take the skillet off the heat. Pour in the honey mustard vinaigrette, stirring to coat.
- Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days. Rewarm them in a skillet over medium heat or in a 350-degree F oven. You can also eat them cold in a salad.
You can add toasted pine nuts, almonds or walnuts to the cooked sprouts.
Variation: Instead of the honey mustard vinaigrette, you can sauté the brussels sprouts and toss them with fresh lemon juice.
Keywords: sauteed brussels sprouts, honey balsamic brussels sprouts
Awesome flavour–everyone loved them! Definitely will be my go-to recipe for brussels sprouts from now on.
Can I toss it in the marinade and put them in the oven instead of putting them on the oven skillet and then adding the marinade when done
Yes, you could toss them in the marinade, and then roast the brussels sprouts in the oven.