These easy honey mustard brussels sprouts are a little bit sweet with a touch of smoky heat. Cook them on the stovetop for a quick fall or winter side.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved lengthwise or quartered if large
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- In a large bowl, whisk together the honey, mustard, white wine vinegar and red pepper flakes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the brussels sprouts, salt and pepper, tossing to coat. Arrange the sprouts cut side down in a single layer. Let them cook for 3-5 minutes until they are browned and charred in spots. Then flip then to the other side and continue cooking for 2-4 minutes until they are browned and slightly charred.
- Transfer the cooked brussels sprouts to the bowl with the honey mustard. Add the sunflower seeds and parsley and stir everything together.