This s’more ice cream has graham crackers, chocolate and toasted marshmallows making it a full on tribute to the everyone’s favorite campfire treat.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1–1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 graham crackers, crumbled
- Pour the milk into a large bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the yolks in a small bowl.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, simmer the heavy cream, sugar and salt until the sugar dissolves. Slowly whisk half the cream mixture into the egg yolks and then pour it back into the saucepan. Stir continuously until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Pour the cream mixture through a fine mesh strainer into the bowl with the milk and stir in the vanilla.
- Cool the mixture over an ice bath and refrigerate until cooled completely.
- Preheat the broiler on high. Place the marshmallows in a single layer on a foil-lined sheet pan. Broil the marshmallows until they are golden brown, about 1 minute. Let the marshmallows cool before tearing them into pieces.
- Churn the chilled mixture in an ice cream maker following the manufacturer’s instructions. Stir in the marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers. Freeze the ice cream in an airtight container until firm before serving.