White wine vinegar and Greek yogurt give this frozen strawberry semifreddo a tangy, cheesecake-like flavor. No ice cream maker is required.
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Combine the strawberries and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the jam is thick and chunky. Stir in the vinegar. Cool completely.
- Over medium heat, toast the sesame seeds in a small dry skillet, about 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream and salt until medium-stiff peaks form. Whisk in the sweetened condensed milk followed by the yogurt. Carefully fold the jam into the mixture allowing it to marble.
- Transfer to a loaf pan to freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
Adapted from Bon Appetit May 2015
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review