Seasoned with cumin, smoked paprika, garlic and onion powder, baked carrot fries are proof that you don’t need a vat of oil for tasty fries. Just an oven and a sheet pan.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1–1/2 pounds carrots
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Chopped fresh herbs for serving (cilantro, parsley or chives)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Peel the carrots and trim the ends. Slice the carrots into batons that are 1/2-inch thick and 3-4 inches long.
- In a large bowl combine the cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir in the olive oil.
- Add the fries to the bowl tossing to coat with the spice-olive oil mixture.
- Arrange the carrots in a single layer on the sheet pan making sure they are not overlapping.
- Roast the carrots for 22-30 minutes, flipping halfway through baking. The fries should be browned and crisp at the edges.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs before serving.
Baked carrot fries are best eaten warm. Serve them with ketchup, spicy mayo or pesto for dipping.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 162
- Sugar: 10.9 g
- Sodium: 779.2 mg
- Fat: 7.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.2 g
- Fiber: 6.8 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: baked carrot fries, carrot fries