The batter for this simple banana cake with Greek yogurt is whipped up in minutes in a mixer or food processor. Then it’s baked in a bundt pan.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 stick unsalted butter (4 oz), melted
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1–1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1–3/4 all-purpose flour plus additional for dusting pan
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Combine the sugars, bananas, butter, eggs, yogurt and vanilla extract in the bowl of a food processor or in a mixing bowl. Process until smooth with a food processor or use an electric mixer.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 15 minutes before removing from the pan. Allow the cake to cool completely and dust with powdered sugar before serving.
You can add 1 cup mini chocolate chips to the batter.
Adapted from Off the Shelf by Donna Hay