Grilled cumin-spiced corn adds so much flavor to this Mexican chopped salad with tomatoes, peppers, radishes and honey lime vinaigrette.
- For salad
- 3 ears corn, shucked
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 scallions, sliced thinly
- 4 radishes, quartered and sliced thinly
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 heads romaine, chopped
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup crumbled Queso Fresco
- For dressing
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on high heat.
- Rub corn with olive oil and sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper. Grill, turning occasionally, until lightly charred, about 5-7 minutes. Let the corn cool slightly before slicing the kernels off the cob.
- While the corn is cooling, make the dressing. In a small bowl combine the lime juice, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper and honey. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- To assemble the salad, combine the scallions, radishes, peppers, tomatoes, and cilantro. Add the romaine, cabbage and Queso Fresco and toss with the vinaigrette.