Tossed in jalapeno lime dressing, this quinoa black bean salad has bell peppers, tomatoes, avocados and radishes. Count it as a salad and a side dish.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 bell peppers (red, yellow or orange), diced
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Combine the quinoa and water in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer on low until the quinoa is cooked and has absorbed the water, about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the quinoa from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Then fluff it with a fork.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, jalapenos, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir the quinoa into the dressing.
- Then fold in the black beans, bell peppers, tomatoes, avocados, radishes scallions and cilantro.
Serve at room temperature or chilled from the fridge.
Store the salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days. The avocados will turn brown the longer the sit.
Keywords: quinoa black bean salad