When you cook these baked mushroom kale quesadillas on a sheet pan in the oven, all of them will be ready at the same time. The mushroom filling, with garlic and jalapeños, is made on the stovetop before assembling the quesadillas.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 cup chopped lacinato kale
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Salsa and lime wedges for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes until the mushrooms start to brown. Stir in the jalapeños, garlic and white parts of scallions and continue cooking for a few minutes until the mushrooms are caramelized and fragrant. Stir in the kale, lime juice and the green scallions.
- Place the flour tortillas on a sheet pan line with parchment. Spoon the mushroom filling and 1/4 cup shredded cheese on one half of each of the tortillas. Fold over the quesadillas creating a half-round shape.
- Bake the quesadillas for 10-12 minutes until they are lightly browned and the cheese has melted.
- Cut the quesadillas into quarters and top with chopped cilantro. Serve with salsa and lime wedges.