With just 2 ingredients, there are so many ways to enjoy this simple labneh recipe from savory spreads and dips to sweet with fruit and granola.
- 16 ounces whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Savory Serving Ideas
Pita bread or crackers
Spices: everything bagel seasoning, sumac, za’atar
Fresh herbs: parsley, cilantro, chives
Raw vegetables: radishes, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots
Other: olives, roasted tomatoes, artichokes
Sweet Serving Ideas
Sweet drizzle: honey, agave syrup, maple syrup
Spices: cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg
Fruit: berries, stone fruit, apples, oranges
Nuts: pistachios, almonds, walnuts
- In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt and salt.
- Place a fine mesh strainer in a large bowl and line it with 2 layers of cheesecloth. Then spoon in the yogurt.
- Knot the top of the cheesecloth to make a tight pouch.
- To help push the liquid out, you can put 2 15-ounce cans or 1 28-ounce can on top of the labneh.
- Let the yogurt sit in the refrigerator and drain for 24 hours to give it time to thicken. As necessary, adjust the cans to distribute the weight evenly.
- Serve the labneh with your desired spices, toppings and accompaniments.
You can serve labneh with sweet or savory toppings as listed in the ingredients. For savory, make sure to drizzle it with olive oil and for sweet, use honey, maple syrup or agave syrup.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
Keywords: labneh recipe, labneh cheese