Why eat plain hummus when you can add nuts to make this salty smoked almond hummus? Of course it’s a great dip, but try it as a spread, too.
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 1– 14.5 ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup smoked almonds plus more for serving
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus more for serving
- Crispy chickpeas, chopped parsley, minced chives & paprika for serving
- Pulse the garlic in a food processor until it is minced. Add the garbanzo beans, almonds, lemon juice and tahini and start pureeing. When the mixture resembles a thick paste, slowly drizzle in the olive oil through the feeder tube until the hummus is smooth.
- Drizzle with olive oil and top with crispy chickpeas, parsley, chives, chopped almonds and paprika before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.