Looking for a way to celebrate corn season, try grilled corn and avocado with cilantro pesto. Serve it as a side or a salad with or without tortilla chips.
- 2 garlic gloves
- 1–1/2 cups packed cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- 2 avocados, diced
- Mince the garlic cloves in the bowl of a food processor. Add the cilantro, pumpkin seeds, lime juice, kosher salt and pepper and finely chop. With the motor running, drizzle the olive oil through the feeder tube processing until the pesto is combined.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on high heat.
- Toss the corn with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Grill the corn until it is lightly charred, about 5-7 minutes.
- When the corn is cool enough to handle, slice the kernels off the cobs.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn and avocado. Stir in the pesto.