Fresh and crisp is the best way to describe this grilled corn pepper chopped kale salad with chopped almonds and pecorino. It’s tossed in a lemon hummus vinaigrette.
- 3 ears corn, shucked
- 1 large red pepper, sliced lengthwise into 3-inch strips1 teaspoon plus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch curly kale, ribs removed and chopped
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 ounce shaved pecorino cheese
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon everything bagel seasoning
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon hummus
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on high heat.
- Toss the corn and peppers with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Grill until the vegetables are lightly charred, 4-6 minutes for the peppers flipping halfway and 5-7 minutes for the corn.
- When the corn and peppers are cool enough to handle, slice the kernels off the cobs and dice the peppers.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn and peppers with kale, scallions, pecorino, almonds and everything bagel seasoning.
- Whisk together 3 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, hummus, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette into the salad tossing to combine.