Ready in 20 minutes, this grilled halloumi is paired with a rainbow of grilled veggies including zucchini, yellow squash, peppers and onions.
- Vegetable oil for grill grates
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 pound halloumi, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise 1/4-inch thick
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced lengthwise 1/4-inch thick
- 2 red bell peppers, cut lengthwise into 2-inch wide strips
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on high heat. Lightly oil the grates.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice. Then brush it on both sides of the halloumi slices.
- Stir the salt and pepper into the remaining lemon oil. Brush it on the zucchini, squash and peppers.
- Grill the halloumi about 3 minutes per side until it has grill marks.
- Grill the vegetables until they have grill marks all over, about 3-4 minutes per side for peppers and onions and 2-3 minutes per side for zucchini and squash.
- Arrange the halloumi and veggies on a serving dish and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
To prevent the cheese from sticking to the grill, clean the grates and lightly oil them.
Serve the halloumi and veggies with grains or orzo.
Hummus and/or pesto are good options for sauces if you want a dip for the cheese and veggies.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3 days. They can be eaten cold for a salad or warm them in a 350-degree F oven.
Keywords: grilled halloumi