With savory, sweet & spicy flavors like cayenne, pomegranate seeds and walnuts, this roasted maple-glazed acorn squash is an easy side dish.
- 2 acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Trim the bottom off the acorn squash and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and discard. Slice crosswise into into 1/2-inch-thick wedges.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, maple syrup, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Add the squash and stir it around, coating all the slices.
- Arrange the squash in a single layer on a sheet pan making sure the slices are not overlapping
- Roast the squash for 20 minutes. Flip the squash to the other side and continue roasting for 15 minutes until it is tender and golden brown in spots.
- Arrange the squash on a serving platter and top with walnuts, pomegranate seeds, pepitas, goat cheese, scallions and parsley.
Keywords: roasted acorn squash, maple roasted acorn squash