Marinated in a mix of miso paste, sesame oil and rice vinegar, this miso-glazed red kuri squash is finished with sesame seeds and scallions.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 red kuri squash
- 3 tablespoons white miso paste
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 scallion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon white and black sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- To cut the squash, trim off the ends. Then half the squash lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Slice the squash halves in half. Then half the quarters and half those slices again. You should end up with 16 wedges.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the miso paste, sesame oil, rice vinegar, maple syrup, vegetable oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Add the squash to the bowl. Use your hands to toss the squash around in the marinade, so it is coated.
- Place the squash wedges on the sheet pan. Roast for 20 minutes. Flip the squash to the other side and continue roasting for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds.
Keywords: red kuri squash, red kuri squash recipes