A visit to the olive bar is all you need for roasted tomato olive couscous, which can be a side or vegetarian main that is ready in less than 20 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1–1/2 cups pearl (Israeli) couscous
- 1–3/4 cups water
- 1 cup marinated roasted tomato halves packed in oil, roughly chopped and 1 tablespoon oil reserved
- 1 cup roughly chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Toast the couscous until it is light brown, about 5 minutes. Add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until the water is absorbed and the couscous is tender, about 10 minutes.
- While the couscous is cooking, combine the tomatoes and their oil and olives in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sauté for a few minutes until the mixture becomes fragrant. Stir in the couscous, feta and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper before serving.
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review