Ready in 15 minutes, this snap pea couscous with lemon, cumin and sumac is a crisp and fresh side dish perfect for spring and summer meals.
- 1–1/4 cups water
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, green and white parts separated
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the water and lemon juice to a boil. Pour in the couscous and cover the pan with a lid. Remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the white parts of the scallions, garlic, cumin, sumac, salt and pepper. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the snap peas, sautéing until they turn bright green but are still crisp, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir the couscous, lemon zest, scallion greens, and parsley into the snap peas.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
Keywords: snap peas, sugar snap peas
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review