Store-bought, readymade ingredients make this skillet red pepper white bean gnocchi an easy 15-minute vegetarian weeknight dinner.
- 1 pound shelf-stable or fresh gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1–14.5 ounce can Great Northern, cannellini or navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan plus shaved Parmesan for serving
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Cook the gnocchi according to package instructions in pot of salted boiling water.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sauté the onions until they start to soften, about 4-5 minutes. Then add the garlic, red peppers and kale and continue cooking for a few minutes until it is fragrant and the greens have wilted.
- Stir in the gnocchi, white beans, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and sauté until the beans are warmed through. Fold in the grated Parmesan and parsley.
- Divide into bowls and top with shaved Parmesan before serving.
Easy to follow and delicious results! Next time I will double the beans, but only because my family loves beans.
Excellent! So much flavor, filling and delicious. Will make be making again.
I make this all the time with frozen sweet potato gnocchi from Trader Joe’s and it is so freaking good!
What a great recipe!