Mint leaves give the basil pesto in this grilled corn zucchini and mint pesto pasta with arugula & mozzarella a fresh bite perfect for summer.
- For pesto
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup mint leaves plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 ounce grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- For pasta
- 3 corn cobs, shucked
- 2 medium zucchini, ends trimmed and sliced lengthwise 1/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound casarecce, penne or other tubular pasta
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella, torn
- For the pesto, pulse the garlic cloves in a food processor until they are minced. Add the basil, mint, walnuts, Parmesan, salt and pepper and puree the mixture. While the motor is running, drizzle the olive oil through the feeder tube until the pesto is fully combined.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on high heat. Rub the corn and zucchini with olive oil. Grill the corn until it is lightly charred, about 5-7 minutes. Grilled the zucchini until it has grill marks, about 2-3 minutes per side. Let the corn cool slightly before slicing the kernels off the cobs and dice the zucchini.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add the corn, zucchini, scallions, chives, arugula and mozzarella. Stir in half the pesto and add more to your taste. (Any extra pesto can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.) Garnish with mint leaves before serving.
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review