This baked gnocchi with mushrooms and spinach is a vegetarian one-pan meal that ticks all the boxes for a healthier version of comfort food.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion, roughly chopped
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1–28 ounce can tomato puree
- 1 pound shelf-stable gnocchi
- 8 ounce fresh mozzarella, half grated and half torn
- Grated Parmesan and chopped parsley for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large ovenproof sauté pan or skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Sauté the onions until they become soft and translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until they start to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, thyme, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Sauté for a few minutes until the mushrooms are caramelized and fragrant. Then stir in the spinach letting it wilt.
- Pour in the tomato puree and stir it with the onions and mushrooms. Add the gnocchi and grated mozzarella, stirring everything together.
- Top with torn mozzarella and bake for 25-30 minutes until the gnocchi is tender and the cheese is melted and golden.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and chopped parsley before serving.
Keywords: gnocchi bake, easy gnocchi recipe, vegetarian gnocchi, baked gnocchi recipe
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review