With black beans and corn, this vegan slow cooker lentil tortilla soup is satisfying and hearty with plenty of spicy and smoky chipotle flavor.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chipotles en adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1–28 ounce can crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1–15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1–15 ounce can corn, drained and rinsed
- Chopped cilantro, sliced avocado, tortilla chips and lime wedges for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat, add the onions and sauté until they start to turn soft and translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic, chipotles en adobo sauce, cumin, dried oregano, salt and pepper stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer the onion mixture to a slow cooker. Add the tomatoes, vegetable broth, red lentils, black beans and corn. Cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- Divide the soup into bowls and top with chopped cilantro, avocado and tortilla chips. Serve the soup with lime wedges.
This was absolutely delicious! So easy to make. Will definitely make on repeat!
I made this a few weeks ago for lunches for the week, but I let my 11-year-old son try it and he loved it and ate most of it! So flavorful and easy! I’ve made it twice since—it makes a great meal-prep lunch!