Baked in a muffin pan, these easy egg white bites are loaded with baby spinach, feta, chives, and either roasted tomatoes or roasted red peppers.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1–16 ounce carton egg whites (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped jarred roasted tomatoes or roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites, milk, salt and pepper.
- Place equal amounts of the chopped roasted tomatoes (or red peppers) and spinach in each of the muffin cups. Pour in the egg whites until they are nearly three-quarters full and top with crumbled feta and chives.
- Baked the egg white bites until they are just set, about 12-15 minutes. Run a paring knife around the cups as needed to release them from the pan.
- Store leftover bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Enjoy them cold on their own or with a salad or cooked grains. Leftovers are best not warmed. Let them warm up at room temperature if you prefer them not fridge cold.
- Instead of egg whites, you can use 9 whole eggs. Increase the cook time to 15-20 minutes.
- You can use goat cheese instead of feta.
Keywords: egg white bites, mini frittatas