This three bean salad takes on a twist with lime vinaigrette and cilantro. Bell peppers and red onions add fresh crunch to the black, pinto and navy beans.
- 1–15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1–15 ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1–15 ounce can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onions
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 handfuls cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1–1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the kidney beans, pinto beans, navy beans, onions, bell peppers, cilantro, chives, salt and pepper.
Three Bean Quesadillas
Fold 1 cup bean salad into a 1/4 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese. Place a 6-inch tortilla in a skillet over medium heat. Add the bean-cheese mixture and top with another tortilla. Heat until golden brown on both sides. Serve it with salsa.
Quick Three Bean Chili
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and sauté 2 cups bean salad for 2 minutes. Add 1 15-ounce can crushed fire-roasted tomatoes, 1 cup water, 1 teaspoon cumin and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until thickened.
Three Bean Grain Salad
Fold 1 cup bean salad into 1-1/2 cups cooked grains. Quinoa, barley, brown rice and farro are good options. Stir in chopped fresh cilantro.