This easy udon noodle stir-fry with asparagus, mushrooms & peas is flavorful and fragrant with garlic, ginger, scallions and sesame seeds.
- 8 ounces dried wide udon noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 4 ounces shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Cook the udon noodles according to package instructions. Transfer the noodles to a colander and rinse with cold water.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat and add the vegetable oil swirling to coat. When the oil is shimmering, add the garlic, ginger and the white parts of the scallions. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms, asparagus and peas and sauté for 3-4 minutes until the asparagus turns bright green.
- Add the soy sauce and let the mixture bubble for a minute before tossing in the udon noodles and the green parts of the scallions. Sauté for a few minutes until the noodles are heated through. Garnish with sesame seeds before serving.