Looking for an easy appetizer? Serve this baked feta with tomatoes and olives warm from the oven with toasted baguette slices or crackers. It is guaranteed to be a hit.
- 1–6 ounce block feta, drained
- 1 cup assorted olives, pitted or with pits
- 1/3 cup chopped marinated roasted tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley and oregano leaves
- Toasted baguette slices or crackers for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Arrange a top rack in the oven 4-6 inches from the broiler.
- Place the feta in a small baking dish. The cheese should have some space around it for the olives and tomatoes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olives, tomatoes and garlic. Then spoon them around the feta.
- Whisk together the olive oil, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour the olive oil over everything in the baking dish.
- Bake the feta for 15-18 minutes, until it just starts browning at the edges. Turn on the broiler, and brown the top of the cheese, about 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and oregano leaves before serving warm with toasted baguette slices or crackers.
This is 5 star. I added roasted rep peppers as well. Delicious ?
Cant wait to make this
Looks delicious. I buy Bulgarian Feta in a tin – there are about 6 round disks in each tin. I have baked it with olive oil, but will do your recipe from now on, as I usually serve olives as well. Many thanks!