Try including something homemade on a cheese and charcuterie plate like these everything crackers. Or just bake them for a snack with hummus.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour plus more for work surface
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup water plus more for brushing
- 2 tablespoons everything seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine both flours, sugar, salt, and pepper. Add the olive oil and water, stirring until a shaggy dough forms. Use your hands to lightly knead and gather it into a smooth ball.
- Let the dough rest for 10 minutes before rolling out on a lightly floured work surface very thinly to about 1/16-inch – 1/8-inch thick. Use a cookie cutter or pizza roller to cut the crackers into 1-inch by 3-inch rectangles.
- Place the crackers on the prepared sheet pans. Brush with water and sprinkle with everything seasoning. Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
Perfect recipe. Have made crackers before and always been disappointed. Dough came together like a breeze. Rolled to 1/16”. Baked 12 minutes. You can brush and season before or after you cut. So many variations (Asiago, smoked paprika, etc). Will definitely be making these again!
Great to learn about the brushing with water, was an eye opener, so thank you so much