With crispy edges, parmesan hasselback potato bites can be a party appetizer or a dinner side. They are a great way to use fingerling potatoes.
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper plus more for serving
- 1–2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Flaky sea salt for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Thinly slice each potato without going all the way through. The slices should be about 1/8” thick. (It helps to put a chopstick on either side of the potatoes to stop your knife.)
- Toss the potatoes with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on the prepared sheet pan, cut side up. Roast until the potatoes are crisp at the edges and can be easily pierced with a pairing knife, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the hot potatoes with Parmesan, chives, flaky sea salt and black pepper before serving.