After a few pulses in the food processor, the mash for these black bean burgers with brown rice and jarred salsa is ready. Then just cook them in a skillet on the stove.
- 2 scallions, roughly chopped
- 1–15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup roasted tomato salsa plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 buns
- Baby greens, sliced tomatoes and red onions for serving
- In a food processor, mince the scallions. Add the black beans, brown rice, salsa, cumin, salt and pepper. Pulse until the mixture is combined, but still chunky. Shape into 4 patties. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To make the burgers, heat a non-stick grill pan or skillet over medium high heat. Cook the burgers, flipping once, for 6-7 minutes until they are lightly browned on both sides and heated through.
- Spread salsa on the buns and top the burgers with greens, tomatoes, red onions and salsa before serving.
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review