Before they go in the oven, these spicy baked sweet potato fries are tossed in a blend of paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic and onion powder.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Flaky sea salt for serving
- Minced chives for serving
- Peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them into 1/4-inch thick batons. It’s important to cut them all about the same thickness.
- Soak the potatoes in a large bowl of cold water for 30 minutes. Drain the sweet potatoes and pat them dry with a towel.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, paprika, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper and cornstarch.
- Toss the potatoes in the oil and spices, coating them in the mixture.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on 2 sheet pans. They should not be overlapping.
- Bake the potatoes for 15 minutes until they start to brown. Flip them over and continue baking for 10-15 minutes until they are crispy at the edges and browned on the other side. Halfway through baking switch the pans on the oven racks.
- Toss the fries with lots of flaky sea salt and chives.
Instead of cayenne pepper, you can substitute with chili powder.
The fries are best eaten warm right when you take them out of the oven.
You can serve them with ketchup, pesto, hummus or salsa for dipping.
Keywords: baked sweet potato fries, sweet potato fries in oven
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review