Tossing roasted russet potatoes in a mix of minced garlic and parsley right when they are out of the oven transforms a batch of simple fries into magical oven-baked garlic french fries.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2–1/4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3-inch by 1/4-inch by 1/4-inch batons
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon black pepper plus more for serving
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with 2-1/2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper. Spread them in a single layer on the sheet pan.
- Bake the potatoes for 30 minutes, tossing once, until the potatoes are brown and cooked through.
- Combine the remaining oil, garlic and parsley and toss with the hot French fries. Season with salt and pepper before serving.
Adapted from Bon Appetit August 2011