With plenty of roasted broccoli, Kalamata olives and tomatoes this lighter cheese tortellini pasta bake doesn’t go overboard on the melted cheese.
- 1/2 pound broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound fresh cheese tortellini pasta
- 1–1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1–14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, juice drained
- 3/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
- Grated Parmesan for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the broccoli with olive oil, salt and pepper on a sheet pan. Roast for 10 minutes until the broccoli starts to brown at the edges. Set aside and increase the oven temperature to 450 degrees F.
- Cook the fresh tortellini according to package instructions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Fold in the tomato sauce. In a rectangular baking dish, layer the tortellini alternating with the broccoli, diced tomatoes, olives and shredded cheese. Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Top with grated Parmesan for serving.