Store-bought fresh tortellini is the hero ingredient in this easy pasta bake recipe with broccoli, tomatoes and olives.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 9-ounce packages fresh tortellini
- 1–24 ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1–14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, juices drained
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1–1/2 cups shredded cheese Italian cheese blend
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a rectangular baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- On a sheet pan, toss the broccoli with olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread into an even layer. Roast for 10 minutes until the florets are bright green and starting to brown at the edges.
- In a large bowl, stir together the tortellini, 2 cups marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, olives, spinach, and 3/4 cup shredded cheese.
- Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spoon the tortellini mixture from the bowl into the baking dish. Top with roasted broccoli and spoon on the remaining marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup shredded cheese on top.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese has melted and the tortellini is al dente.
- Turn the broiler on high. Remove the foil and lightly brown the cheese on top, about 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
Keywords: baked tortellini, pasta bake