The pasta, chickpeas, olives, tomato paste, rosemary and everything else cook in a saucepan at once making this one pan orecchiette very quick and easy.
- 12 ounces dried orecchiette
- 1–15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan plus more for serving
- 1 handful baby arugula
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- In a large sauté pan, add the orecchiette, chickpeas, olives, tomato paste, rosemary, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, olive oil and water. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 10-12 minutes until the liquid has reduced into a sauce and the orecchiette is al dente.
- Stir in the Parmesan, arugula, cherry tomatoes and chives.
- Garnish with additional Parmesan before serving.
Adapted from Martha Stewart Living