The keys to getting crispy brussels sprouts is all about how you slice them and roasting them on hot preheated sheet pans.
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F with 2 sheet pans on the oven racks.
- Trim the brussels sprouts. Then slice them thinly lengthwise about 1/8-inch thick.
- Toss the brussels sprouts with oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Remove the preheated sheet pans from the oven. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the sprouts to the hot pans. Carefully spread them out in a single layer.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until brown and crisp at the edges using a spatula to flip and toss the sprouts about halfway through cooking.
Roasted brussels sprouts are best served warm. You can sprinkle on grated Parmesan or red pepper flakes if you want.
You can trim and slice the brussels sprouts a few hours in advance.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge up to 2 days. Rewarm them in a 350-degree F oven or in a skillet on the stove with a little olive. They won’t be as crisp as when you first roasted them. Try stirring them into cooked grains or pasta.
Keywords: roasted brussels sprouts, crispy brussels sprouts