The secrets to crispy roasted brussels sprouts are how you slice them and giving them a head start roasting on hot preheated sheet pans.
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F with 2 sheet pans on the center racks.
- Trim the brussels sprouts. Then slice them thinly lengthwise.
- Toss the brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Remove the preheated sheet pans from the oven. Carefully spread the brussels sprouts across them.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until brown and crisp at the edges using a spatula to flip and toss the sprouts about halfway through cooking.
- Transfer the brussels sprouts to a bowl and stir in the lemon juice before serving.
Crispy brussels sprouts are best served warm.
You can trim and slice the brussels sprouts in advance.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 5.2 g
- Sodium: 366.8 mg
- Fat: 14.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 8.7 g
- Protein: 7.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: roasted brussels sprouts, crispy brussels sprouts