With lots of lemon, including zest and juice, plus garlic, this roasted brussels sprout pasta is a super easy and filling vegetarian dinner.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, root end trimmed, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounce orecchiette
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 ounce shredded pecorino cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F with a sheet pan on the center rack.
- Toss the brussels sprouts with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Remove the preheated sheet pan from the oven. Spread the sprouts across the pan.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until brown and crisp at the edges using a spatula to flip and toss about halfway through cooking.
- After tossing the brussels sprouts halfway through roasting time, make the orecchiette according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic sautéing until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the pasta and lemon juice followed by the brussels sprouts and red pepper flakes.
- Fold in the lemon zest, pecorino and parsley. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
One of my favorite dinners! I add diced pancetta because Brussels sprouts/bacon is one of my favorite flavor combos. This is delicious and the left-overs are even better. Plus it’s quick and easy. I make it at least once a month!
This pasta is delicious! I’ll definitely make it again. I added bacon as well for the carnivores in my house.
Delicious meal, we enjoyed the bright flavours! Thanks for this recipe xx
Delish, healthy and easy. I used whole grain pasta instead. Will definitely make again.
This was really yummy! I think it could benefit from more brussels and/or maybe another veggie like yellow squash or zucchini. I think I may add pine nuts and more red pepper next time. I may also add pancetta to the brussels for extra flavor.
I am so hooked on this pasta sprout combo!