With lots of lemon, including zest and juice, plus garlic, this roasted brussels sprout pasta is a super easy and filling vegetarian dinner.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, root end trimmed, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounce orecchiette
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 ounce shredded pecorino cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F with a sheet pan on the center rack.
- Toss the brussels sprouts with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Remove the preheated sheet pan from the oven. Spread the sprouts across the pan.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until brown and crisp at the edges using a spatula to flip and toss about halfway through cooking.
- After tossing the brussels sprouts halfway through roasting time, make the orecchiette according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic sautéing until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the pasta and lemon juice followed by the brussels sprouts and red pepper flakes.
- Fold in the lemon zest, pecorino and parsley. Season with salt and pepper as needed.