Nothing says ‘Hello Fall’ like fresh pumpkin pasta! Toss with browned butter, sage, and roasted root veggies or just olive oil & garlic to bring out the pumpkin.
- 2–1/2 cups all-purpose flour plus more for work surface
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- In a food processor, pulse the flour and salt until combined. Add the pumpkin puree, eggs and olive oil. Process until the dough forms.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for a couple minutes until the dough is smooth. Form the dough into a round disk and cover with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes or refrigerate overnight. (If the dough is refrigerated, make sure to let it come to room temperature before rolling it out.)
- Divide the pasta dough into 4 pieces keeping them covered. Working with one piece of dough at a time, flatten slightly and feed through the smooth rollers of a pasta machine starting at the widest setting. Fold the pasta sheet in half each time it is fed through at a narrower setting until the pasta sheet is very thin but does not tear. Place the pasta sheets on a floured work surface to dry for 10 minutes. (Note: If you do not have a pasta machine, you can roll out the sheets of pasta with a rolling pin on a floured work surface.)
- Sprinkle the sheets with flour and roll them up loosely. Using a knife, trim the rough edges and cut into 1/4-inch wide strips. Unroll and place the strips on a floured sheet pan. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta for 2 minutes until al denté and then toss with desired sauce.