With a couple pints of tomatoes, garlic, olive oil & Parmesan, you can make this easy burst cherry tomato pasta for a quick weeknight dinner.
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1/4 cup olive oil plus more for pasta
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ounce shaved Parmesan
- Chopped basil, parsley or chives
- Cook the spaghetti until al dente according to package instructions. Drain and toss with a splash of olive oil to prevent the pasta from sticking together.
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and stir them around frequently. After 3-4 minutes, the skin of some of the tomatoes will start to split. Use the back of a wooden spoon or a potato masher to carefully press them down, helping them burst.
- Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to the skillet, and continue cooking for a few more minutes until the tomatoes turn a bit saucy but are still very chunky.
- Stir in the pasta coating in the tomatoes.
- Then add the Parmesan.
- Divide into serving plates or bowls and top with chopped fresh herbs.
Keywords: cherry tomato pasta, tomato pasta, burst cherry tomato pasta
This was incredible. I had an abundance of cherry tomatoes and I’m so glad I stumbled on this recipe! I’ll be making this again soon.
This dish was so good we have made it so many times and now it’s on the dinner rotation menu ! Great job !
Hey, I need you to understand that this is one of the best pasta dishes I’ve ever had. Like, I’m kinda obsessed with it. It was gone like, less than 3 minutes after I started eating. I did used fresh pasta instead of dried spaghetti, tho cuz I really was craving fresh pasta but I followed the rest of the recipe to a T. Thank you so much for sharing this !!!
I am so thrilled you are enjoying the recipe!
I can’t believe how easy and DELICIOUS this recipe was. followed the recipe to a T and it was perfect.