An easy side dish with less than 10 ingredients, these garlic herb roasted fingerling potatoes turn out perfectly crispy and golden brown at the edges.
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves in their skins
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, parsley, chives)
- Flaky sea salt for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the fingerling potatoes lengthwise, so they are about 1/4-inch thick.
- Toss the potatoes and garlic with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread them over 2 sheet pans, arranging the potatoes in a single layer.
- Roast the garlic and potatoes for 30-35 minutes. When they are browning on one side, flip them to the other side and continue roasting for 10-15 minutes until golden brown on both sides. Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl.
- Squeeze out the garlic cloves into a small bowl. Mash the garlic with a fork and whisk with 2 tablespoons olive oil and fresh herbs.
- Drizzle the potatoes with the oil and toss them around.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with flaky sea salt before serving.
Reheat leftover potatoes on a sheet pan in a 350-degree oven for 10 minutes.
Keywords: roasted fingerling potatoes, herb roasted potatoes, oven roasted potatoes