These baked sweet potato fritters have a spicy kick thanks to cumin and cayenne pepper. You can serve them as an appetizer, a salad topper or even a veggie burger.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel the sweet potatoes. Spiralize them or grate with the large holes of a box grater. In a large bowl, stir together the sweet potatoes, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, scallions and eggs.
- Scoop the sweet potatoes by the heaping 1/4-cup-fill. Press into a 3-1/2-inch diameter disc, spacing 2 inches apart on the sheet pan.
- Bake until golden brown at the edges, flipping halfway through baking, about 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with chives before serving.