Ramps are kind of like a garlicky version of a scallion. Only in season for a short time, make this fleeting spring veggie last a little longer with ramp pesto the perfect pasta sauce for any shape.
- 1 bunch of ramps (about 7), trimmed, stems and leaves separated
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 ounce grated Parmesan plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Bring a small saucepan of salted water to a boil. Blanch the ramp leaves for 30 seconds. Shock in a small bowl of ice water to stop cooking.
- Roughly chop the stems of the ramps. Pulse in a food processor until minced. Add the ramp leaves, walnuts, Parmesan, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Puree the mixture and while the motor is running, drizzle the olive oil through the feeder tube until the pesto is fully combined.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Keywords: ramp pesto
WHAT DID YOU THINK?
Rate + Review