- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 ounces (1–1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 2/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1–1/2 cups M&Ms
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Cream the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in 1 cup M&Ms.
- Cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough into 1-1/2-inch diameter balls. Arrange 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Press the remaining M&M’s into the dough (about 2-3 per cookie).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the cookies are light golden brown and cracked on top. Keep them on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool.
The cookies are best up to 2-3 days after they are baked. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
You can also freeze baked cookies and let them thaw at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 154
- Sugar: 11.5 g
- Fat: 8.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.1 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 16.5 mg
Keywords: peanut butter M&M cookies