A sprinkle of panko and Parmesan dress this roasted zucchini and squash. It’s seasoned in a mix of dried spices like thyme, oregano, garlic powder and onion powder.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, diced 1/2-inch
- 2 medium yellow squash, diced 1/2-inch
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Stir the zucchini and squash into the olive oil-spice mixture, making sure it is well coated.
- Spread the zucchini and squash across a baking sheet in a single layer. Roast for 15 minutes tossing around the veggies. Continue roasting for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan. Sprinkle the mixture over the zucchini and squash. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to carefully toss everything in the breadcrumbs.
- Continue roasting for 5-8 minutes until the panko is golden.
These roasted vegetables are best eaten warm from the oven.
If you do have leftovers, they can be stored in an airtight container up to 3 days. You can eat them cold in a salad. Or rewarm the vegetables in a 350-degree F oven. No matter what, they won’t have as much crumch as they do when they’re fresh from the oven.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 113
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 445.5 mg
- Fat: 8.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.1 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 3.2 g
- Cholesterol: 3.6 mg
Keywords: roasted zucchini and squash