With blueberries, raspberries and strawberries, this mixed berry kale salad is tossed with balsamic vinaigrette, sunflower seeds and goat cheese.
- For vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- For salad
- 1 bunch curly kale, ribs removed, leaves chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup quartered strawberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- For the vinaigrette, combine the balsamic vinegar, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk in the olive oil.
- For the salad, place the chopped kale and the scallions in a large bowl. Drizzle in half the vinaigrette and massage the dressing into the kale coating all the greens. Add more vinaigrette as needed.
- Stir in the blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, scallions, parsley, sunflower seeds and goat cheese, tossing to combine all the ingredients.
If you do want to add a protein, try shredded rotisserie chicken or sliced grilled chicken.