Try combining raw brussels sprouts with cranberries, almonds, Parmesan and red onions in this crisp shredded brussels sprout salad with lemon mustard vinaigrette.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- For vinaigrette
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Combine the shaved brussels sprouts, red onions, Parmesan, almonds, dried cranberries and parsley in a large bowl
- For the vinaigrette, whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt pepper and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette into the salad, tossing to combine.
To shred the brussels sprouts, you can use a sharp knife to thinly slice them. Or use a mandolin or a food processor fitted with the slicing disc.
For the cranberries, you can substitute with pomegranate seeds.
You can swap the almonds with chopped walnuts or pecans.
The salad is best the day you make it, but you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Keep the vinaigrette in a separate jar.
Keywords: shredded brussels sprout salad, shaved brussels sprout salad