These thin and crispy M&M cookies match the bite of the candy shells. Don’t forget to press extra M&Ms into the cookies when you pull them out of the oven, so they have just the right amount of chocolate.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two sheet pans with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Mix in the vanilla extract and eggs until fully incorporated. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir in 1-1/2 cup M&Ms.
- Drop the dough by the scant 1/4-cup spacing 3-inches apart on the sheet pans. Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden brown. Press the remaining M&Ms into the tops of the warm cookies immediately when you take them out of the oven.
- Cool on the cookies on the sheet pans for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
These cookies can be frozen after they are baked. Just thaw them at room temperature.
You can also freeze the dough. Freeze portioned out dough balls on a wax paper-lined plate or sheet pan before putting them in a container.